One of My Favorite Places To Explore

 


My family is from Pakistan and there is a place I have always wanted to visit: Khewra. It is a beautiful salt mine with salts of all colors, and shapes. It is made into a building for tourists to come and visit!


https://www.dawn.com/news/1507289

The salt mine also has railroad tracks and trains which allow people to take a ride and visit the different areas of the salt mine. It is one of my dreams to go there. The lights are so beautiful! It is truly a beautiful and underrated place.

https://www.brecorder.com/news/429895/

Comments

  1. I was excited to learn about Khewra, Zille! I didn't know that there were other salt mines like this in the world; I have been to something like that in a place called Wieliczka in Poland. It looks like it is similar to this wonderful place in Pakistan: you ride on little trains inside and there are sculptures with different colors of salt. Here is the one in Poland (I went there way back in the 1980s when I did study-abroad in Poland one summer): Wieliczka Salt Mine. It was so eerie and beautiful, and it looks like Khewra is very eerie and beautiful also.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Zille! I have never heard of Khewra before, but I agree that it would be such a cool place to visit. I really like colorful rocks (like geodes, amethyst, etc), so I think this would be something I enjoyed a lot! It seems like an even better version of a cave - I visited a big cave system as a kid with my family in Texas, and it was cool, but it was all brown in color.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Comment Wall

Introduction To Me

Week #3 Story: Rama and Sita