Storybook Favorites


The first story book I chose is named "Karna and Arjuna." 
https://sites.google.com/view/arivalry/home

This topic is not familiar with me. I vaguely remember watching Karun Arjun as a kid but have forgotten the movie entirely. This is why the title interested me. The title did do a good job of explaining what the storybook was about because it is about Karna and Arjuna. The introduction did an excellent job at giving the background story and was engaging as well. I was very invested in the different fates of the two brothers and how they would end up in the end. I really like the labels for the different chapters and the imagery is fantastic. It definitely pulls your attention towards it! This brings me to the design, which I think was beautiful! I loved this storybook. It was organized, neat, engaging, and visually attractive. I will take note of the imagery for my own storybook!

Comment Wall: Source: https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Return_of_Heroes_Slain_in_Battle,_Kurukshetra_War_of_Mahabharata,_Aftermath.jpg

The second storybook I chose is called "The Karma Diaries."

https://sites.google.com/view/thekarmadiaries/home


I am familiar with the concept of karma as one gets in return what they send into the universe, however I was not familiar with this particular story. I think the title was perfect as it was the core subject of the storybook. However, the case studies were very unique! There was a brief introduction that did not tell me more than I already knew about karma, however, it did interest me into reading the case studies. I like how the introduction was italicized and short. There was a picture above it as well. I believe that is what made it visually appealing. I really liked the case study sections. I think I would utilize something like in my storybook as well.  I think that was very unique and I liked this picture below as it related to the story and was visually attractive as well. It related to the characters in a case study.


Sita and Rama: Source: https://www.flickr.com/photos/144060333@N07/30382454521


The last storybook I chose is titled "Women's Epiphanies."

https://sites.google.com/view/womens-stories/home

The title really interested me for this one because you had to read the storybook to really know what happened. The topic something that is familiar to me already as far as what an epiphany is. However, the storyline was something entirely new? The title did a good job of letting me know what the Storybook was about because all the stories were about women having epiphanies to stand up against injustice and that they had had enough. The Introduction did a good job of explaining the topic and prompting me to want to read the stories because it told me a little more than the title did but I still had to read the stories to see what prompted each woman to stand for herself. I do not really see much of a  creative style of Introduction that really grabs my attention but the content of the story and introduction was really good and strong. The physical layout of the pages overall was good but not as creative as the other two storybooks. The use of images was dull for the content. I believe there could have been much better and stronger pictures to choose for this topic. The navigation was really good and easy to use. I really like this picture below as it shows a visual depiction of the the domestic life of a woman and relates to the injustice in the story.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Comment Wall

Introduction To Me

Week #3 Story: Rama and Sita